The Volume Shadow Copy service, or supporting services, are either not running or have become corrupt. Possible solutions to this issue are:
- Enable Volume Shadow Copy service
- Enable COM+ Event System service
- Register the Microsoft VSS components
Solution - Enable Volume Shadow Copy Service
Click Start then Run, type in services.msc and press the Enter key to launch the Windows Service control manager.
Locate the service by the name Volume Shadow Copy.
- Right-click and select Properties. The service dialog is shown.
- Ensure Startup Type is set to Manual, click Apply.
- If the Service status is Stopped, click Start. Otherwise, leave at Started state.
- Click OK.
Solution - Enable COM+ Event System Service
- Launch Windows Service control manager as shown above.
- Locate the service by name COM+ Event System.
- Right-click on COM+ Event System and select Properties, the service dialog is shown.
- Ensure Startup Type is Automatic, click Apply.
- If Service Status is Stopped, click Start. Otherwise, leave at Started state.
- Click OK.
Solution - Register the Microsoft VSS Components
- From the Macrium Reflect main menu, click Other Tasks then Fix VSS Problems
- The Fix VSS Problems dialog is shown
- Click Run to register the Microsoft VSS Components
Top Of Page