This error occurs if it is not possible to write the image file to the destination location provided, or any of the alternative locations that may have been specified.
- The destination drive is no longer present or plugged in. This may be the case if the destination drive is an external USB drive.
- If the destination drive is a USB drive it may have entered 'Sleep' mode and be unavailable.
- If the destination is a network location, the network share may not be available or have been deleted or renamed.
- If the backup is scheduled and the target is a network location, you may have to provide login credentials to access the network share. To resolve this issue, you need to add the Network login credentials in the Macrium Reflect defaults.
- The NTFS file permissions of the destination directory may have changed.
Network Authentication Error
Select the Other Tasks menu, then select Edit Defaults and Settings menu option and click the Network Share Settings tab:
|Add||Add network logon details for a new network location|
Edit an existing location.
Note: The 'Default' location logon details will be used for all shares that aren't explicitly added.
|Delete||Remove logon credentials|
|Enable Anonymous logon..||If enabled, will also attempt a logon to all disconnected shares with user name "Anonymous", and no password. |
Use for older Linux based shares that allow anonymous authentication, otherwise leave disabled.
Add / Edit
|\\Server\share||Enter the UNC path to the root of the network share. Do not enter any sub-folders in the path|
|Username||Enter the authenticated user that has access to the share|
|Password||Enter the user's password.|
You can also select Default and click Edit to provide default credentials to be used for all network shares: