Macrium Reflect creates File and Folder backups as well as disk images including cloning complete disks. The Macrium Reflect Server Plus for Exchange and SQL version adds MS Exchange and MS SQL Server backup capabilities to this.
A File and Folder backup is a useful way to backup your working files, personal files, and precious data. Unlike other backup solutions, Macrium Reflect can backup open and locked files by using Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). You can backup your Documents folder and save the backup configuration as an XML file for easy re-running and scheduling.
A Disk Image stores the information required to completely restore disks (or their individual partitions) exactly as they were when the image was taken.
Cloning with Macrium Reflect creates an exact copy of partitions to a different drive. For example, Upgrading to a larger hard drive or moving from a large magnetic hard disk to a smaller and faster SSD. When you Clone a hard drive, you can boot from the target disk on the same system after cloning.
- Creating a backup image of your computer, drive or partitions
- Manually running a job from a configured XML backup definition
- How backup sets are created and maintained
- Backing up files and folders
- Cloning a disk
- Backing up Microsoft Exchange databases
- Backing up MS SQL Databases
- Creating a disk image of a single drive or partition
- Differential and incremental disk images
- Creating desktop shortcuts for full, incremental and differential backups
- Checking VSS events when backups fail
- Alternative Locations For Backups
- Advanced Options
- Verifying image and backup files
- How to backup Hyper-V Cluster Shared Volumes