This article will take you through PXE deployment of the Rescue Media.
|In order to use this technology you will need to have purchased the Macrium Reflect Technicians Deployment License. |
If you wish to obtain this license please click here for further details.
Before you begin: You will need to have set up a Windows Deployment Services Server and created a rescue media ISO image file. See See:
Creating rescue media
Installing and Configuring WDS for PXE Boot on Windows Server 2016 2019 2022.
- Mount the Rescue Media Image that was created earlier.
- Open Windows Deployment Services and select 'Servers > Boot Images'
- Right click the right pane and click 'Add Boot Image...'
- In the Wizard you can browse for a location of the bootable WIM.
- Locate 'boot.wim' in the 'sources' folder of the mounted Rescue Media Image and click 'Open' then 'Next'.
- Name your boot image and click 'Next' twice.
- Once finished you will see the the bootable image in the 'Boot Images' section of Windows Deployment Services console.