This page contains release notes for version 7.3 and earlier. Current release notes are available in Release Notes
Site Manager Release Notes
7.3.5920 - 2021-05-24
- Site Manager 8 upgrade wizard added
- Version 8 license upgrade tools added
- In the licenses page, version 7 license keys can be updated to version 8 if eligible.
- Site Manager 7 will accept and use version 8 keys
- Standalone Reflect licenses can be upgraded if the computer is running the latest version of the Agent and Reflect 7
- Update Agent backup engine to Reflect and CBT release level (7.3.5854). See here for details
- Improved Repository logging for support
- Fixed issue where an SFTP remote sync could continue failing after network connectivity is restored
- Fixed Repositories not showing error status in the UI
- Improved performance for large numbers of Agents
7.3.5556 - 2020-01-20
- Update Agent backup engine to Reflect and CBT release level (7.3.5555). See here for details
- Added Windows Server 2019 to possible Windows versions
- Add registry key to override Repository status polling frequency
- Prevent VSS causing spurious hardware change detection and Agent reconnection during backups
7.3.5390 - 2020-12-15
- Added 60 second delay between an Agent coming online and allowing any backups to start. This is to reduce interrupted communication backup warnings when an Agent receives a security update after upgrade or has other communication issues
- Update Agent backup engine to Reflect and CBT release level (7.3.5365). See here for details
- This update adds the option of using an internal scheduler for backups scheduled locally on the Agent. Users who have standalone Reflect should upgrade Reflect before converting locally scheduled tasks to this new scheduler. Centrally scheduled tasks are not affected.
- Added desktop and start menu icon for MIG
- Added registry key to bind management UI to a specific IP address
- Added registry key to disable local and domain administrators being able to login to Site Manager by default
- Reduced network timeout delays when adding offline license keys, updated UI to provide better guidance
- Fixed support expiry notices in the license page from displaying spurious information
- Fixed bug with network authentication during a restore which could cause a Site Manager Remote Restore to fail authentication in some cases where a Restore initiated from the Agent directly would succeed
- Fixed crash in Site Manager when attempting to verify two backups files where one file is a copy of the other
- Fixed scheduled backups failing a computer's backup instead of deferring that backup if that computer disconnected in unusual circumstances
- Fixed licenses page showing Agent license information from very old Agents as standalone licenses
- Fixed backup failures at an early stage (such as a File and Folder backup not matching any folders on the Agent) not triggering backup failure notifications
- Fixed bug where once one offline license key was added, the UI would not close correctly
7.3.5240 - 2020-10-05
- Site Manager Server now includes MIG (Macrium Image Guardian) to protect backup repositories hosted directly on the Site Manager server
- For upgrades, MIG is not installed by default - after upgrade, the 'Modify install' feature can be used in the Programs Control Panel in Windows to install it.
- Added CPU priority and write rate limiting to Backup Definitions
- Updated to CBT version 7.2.7114
- Added a status column to the Agent specific Rescue Media wizard to show which agents already have Rescue Media built.
- Improved the driver load sequence in Windows PE/RE when multiple drivers for the same hardware is present
- Improved driver collection process to identify driver files which are stored in multiple locations on the Agent computer and reduce duplication
- Added 'Disk label' matching rules in Backup Definitions to allow easy blanket exclusions of virtual or special disks
- Added a longer timeout during the Remote Install process for computers which take more than 5 minutes to copy the Agent installer MSI from the server
- Improved error handling in Remote Syncs to make error conditions like the remote server being out of disk space clearer and to avoid unnecessary retries
- Fixed backup logs not being attached to success emails in all cases
- Fixed incorrect display when filtering the logs table for a computer which has no backup logs
- Fixed an issue where backup times could appear as midnight from some Agents installed on Windows in set to European system locales
- Fixed copying drivers from Agents failing for .inf files >2MB
- Removed unnecessary copying of USB drivers for USB controllers supported natively in Windows PE
- Fixed Using invalid domain names (.) causing remote install of an agent hanging
- Fixed changes to computer status causing options to uncheck themselves in the Restore wizard
- Fixed MIG protected repositories failing to delete dependent files when deleting a backup image in the Site Manager repository browser
- Fixed Volume and disk label matching rules in Backup Definitions not handling repeated spaces correctly
- Fixed shutdown hang caused by deadlock when sending emails during a backup finished notification while an Agent changes state
- Fixed service shutdown issue when running on a Windows debug kernel
- Fixed incorrect password entry dialog appearing when attempting to restore a password protected image
- Fixed multiple Remote Sync start notifications in some circumstances when a Remote Sync with the same time set for the start and end times is triggered while a backup is also running
7.2.5163 - 2020-08-25
- Fixed crash when using unusual proxy configurations
7.2.5161 - 2020-08-25
- Added Agent-specific rescue media
- Critical drivers and static IP information are gathered automatically from Agents
- Rescue Media can be created on-demand for each computer with appropriate options and drivers included
- Drivers can be exported from Site Manager to allow for manual recovery
- Rescue Media build progress is now shown in the dashboard
- Drivers that have been manually added to Site Manager will be pushed onto computers during Remote Restore for cases where the host's own drivers are incompatible with Windows PE (Windows XP systems)
- Added FTP and FTPS support to Remote Sync
- SFTP remote sync has been changed to File Transfer
- File Transfer Remote Syncs can be configured to use SFTP, FTP or FTPS protocols
- An option to override the default port used has been added
- Added option for log and event log retention in Settings -> System
- Added a cancel option to the forecast for Run Now backups which have not started yet
- Update Agent backup engine to Reflect and CBT release level (7.2.5107). See here for details
- Updated licenses page to be clearer
- Updated notification messages and reorganized notification settings
- Remove 25 character name limit on Backup Definitions and Schedules
- Updated OpenSSL libraries for fixes and SSL improvements
- Remote Sync windows which cross the midnight boundary (e.g. 11PM -> 3AM) are now supported
- Remote Sync results now show a more meaningful message when no changes were found
- Updated Slack integration to use the webhook API
- When adding computers by IP address, use Windows Networking to resolve names if DNS lookup fails
- Removed MSMQ dependency from Site Manager server - Agents which use the old MSMQ communications system (Version 7.2.4091 - March 2019 and earlier) are not longer supported
- Site Manager will recover partial or failed backups and consolidations automatically
- Fixed lock up when shutting down the Site Manager service with a Remote Sync in progress
- Fixed rare restore failure on Windows 7 due to network conditions
- Fixed spurious "Did not receive an end notification from Macrium Reflect" appearing before backup finish on some systems
- Fixed remote restore of password encrypted images failing with a read/write error
- Fixed Internet Explorer 11 display issues on the dashboard and other pages
- Fixed Event Log not refreshing when going back to the page after new log entries have been generated
- Fixed activity popup on the computers page not showing the correct computer when multiple selection is used
- Fixed dashboard notifications not being in the correct order when events happen within 1 second of each other
- Windows PE downloads will now use the Site Manager proxy server settings
- Fixed inconsistent date formatting (DD/MM/YYYY vs. MM/DD/YYYY) when the user default locale differs from the system locale in Windows
- Fixed repository browsing showing no backup files for computers with an active backup in progress
7.2.4898 - 2020-05-11
- Fixed emails being rejected by some strict email servers since the 1st May 2020
7.2.4863 - 2020-04-27
- Added internal retries to repository access during remote synchronization to improve robustness during long synchronization operations
- Fixed issue where some license keys could be saved into data files with trailing space characters, causing them to fail to validate
- Fixed license key checks happening continuously on a small number of systems with specific error conditions
- Fixed remote install problems on systems without Agent passphrases set
- Fixed Agent passphrase configuration appearing with neither option selected on the Settings -> System page under some circumstances
- Fixed Agent passphrases containing space and double quote characters not working with remote installation
- Fixed share authentication problems on the Site Manager interface which could occur when using a repository hosted on the same computer as the Site Manager server via IP address
7.2.4814 - 2020-03-27
- Update Agent backup engine to Reflect and CBT release level (7.2.4808). See here for details
- Added new remote install mechanism, this removes the requirement for WMI firewall rules. The WMI mechanism is still used as a fallback if the new method fails.
- Improve support logging for restore, login authentication, remote sync and repository management
- Reduce default retry attempts for remote sync to a local folder target
- Fixed issue where an Agent running on the same computer as Site Manager server could affect the repository status when a backup fails
- Fixed issue where the service does not shut down in a responsive manner when many license key checks are in progress
- Fixed issue where Site Manager would not scan image files in one repository folder when a backup was on progress in a different, unrelated folder
- Fixed login authentication incorrectly failing for accounts with empty passwords
- Fixed Active Directory login permissions manager not listing accounts whose primary group is not "Domain Users"
7.2.4709 - 2020-02-04
- Fixed issue with new and copied schedules reusing the same ID internally
7.2.4708 - 2020-02-03
- Fixed some backups from appearing as failures and triggering retry-on-fail rules incorrectly.
- Fixed Email error messages being truncated.
7.2.4700 - 2020-01-29
- Added ability to create rescue media ISO images from the Site Manager server.
- Added registry keys to disabled LDAPS when making Active Directory login requests.
- Added registry key to control network keep alive messaging rate for Agents behind NAT routers
- Added proxy server settings for internet requests to Site Manager configuration
- Update Agent backup engine to Reflect and CBT release level (7.2.4601). See here for details
- Updated restore to use Windows PE10 build 1709.
- Improved pushing of PE files from the Site Manager server in a network isolated environment.
- Agent Configuration Tool will now succeed tests if the agent is already connected to the same server.
- Remove unnecessary network checks when adding multiple computers.
- Truncate extremely long backup error messages in the User Interface. Full errors are available in the logs.
- Force a repository cache database update on Remote Sync start to ensure the latest changes are always reflected.
- Improve Remote sync logging.
- Improved logging for switching passphrases and connecting to passphrase protected agents. This should reduce agents stuck in the Unauthorized state.
- Updated Event Log clear option to be clearer.
- Added full path to details in repositories page.
- Made unbrowsable partitions in backup files unclickable in the browse interface.
- Updated all Windows authentication entry fields to correctly handle NetBIOS (DOMAIN\User) and DNS ([email protected]) entries in the username field
- Fixed issue where the Agent may attempt to connect to the incorrect IP address when DNS lookup returns a CNAME record
- Fixed some remote install failures appearing as successful in the user interface.
- Fixed computers page CSV export.
- Fixed UTF-8 decoding of localized error messages in backups.
- Ensure MultiSite connection is retried when waking from sleep.
- Fixed restores failing when restoring from a network share shared from the Site Manager server computer.
- Fixed lock ups caused by network timeouts attempting license key server checks.
- Fixed error preventing deletion of Remote Syncs.
- Fixed backups being prevented when a file named "c:\Program" exists.
- Fixed old scheduled backup failures appearing in daily emails.
- Fixed layout breaking when Site Manager web interface is displayed in a window less than 1650 pixels wide.
- Fixed Site Manager backup status being 'stuck' in computers table
- Fixed Event Log page displaying loading spinner forever if filtered to show 0 events
7.2.4479 - 2019-09-26
- Update Agent backup engine to latest Reflect and CBT release level
- Fixed spurious Windows event logging happening on the Agent under some conditions
- Email addresses with labels are now accepted (e.g. John Doe <email@example.com>)
- Fixed Agent updates failing on computers which have not been rebooted since the last Agent update
- Fixed computers which have been disconnected for extended periods of time from consuming license seats incorrectly
- Fixed emoji and other Unicode chracters in supplmentary planes not appearing correctly in email subjects
- Fixed slow shutdown caused by large numbers of repositories
- Fixed computer list corruption on restart under some circumstances
7.2.4447 - 2019-08-28
- New *Scheduled Activity* view for configuring scheduled backups and remote syncs, moved from the Repository page.
- Added File and Folder type to Backup Definitions.
- Added ability to download multiple files and folders as a single ZIP file when browsing images.
- Creating desktop or start menu shortcuts is now an option in the Agent MSI installer user interface when manually installing.
- Remote Sync - Added option for backups to happen during the remote sync - they can only happen for computers which have had all their data transferred.
- Remote Sync - SFTP file uploads which are interrupted will now attempt to resume the upload (up to 10 times).
- Remote Sync - Added option for backups to happen during the remote sync - they can only happen for computers which have had all their data transferred.
- Login - user accounts which are linked to an email (e.g. [email protected]) may now use the email to login.
- File and Folder, Exchange and SQL backups are now shown in the Repository Browser and participate in Remote Sync.
- Updated look for Backup Definitions, Schedules, Repositories and Verification pages.
- When an agent disconnects from the Site Manager server while a backup is in progress, a new warning will be displayed instead of a backup failure.
- When Agents are updated, they will add or remove desktop shortcuts according the the setting in Site Manager.
- Failures to start scheduled backups are now shown in the email summary.
- Added additional code to ensure that network shares do not stay mapped on Agents after backups fail.
- Improved sorting and file display in the image browser, show NTFS junctions and links differently to normal files
- Fix rare configuration file corruption on service shutdown.
- Fix SFTP upload not handling spaces in paths correctly.
- Email - Fix GSSAPI authentication in SMTP causing spurious failures.
- Fixes for MultiSite connection not retrying after network drops.
- Fixes for system which are unable to contact Macrium MultiSite servers when running as a SYSTEM service.
- Fixed Agents being shown as having standalone Reflect even after standalone Reflect has been uninstalled.
- Fixed some timing based bugs in Agent comms where the Agent is retrying a dropped connection.
- Fixed images manually stored in the root of a repository not being shown or remote synchronized.
- Fixed locking issues when browsing image files
7.2.4335 - 2019-06-19
- Updated CBT driver to ignore the PortableBaseLayer virtual disk used by the Sandbox feature in Windows 10 build 1903
- Added retry on connection failure to file upload as part of repository sync
- Added additional code to reconnect agents with network issues
- Improved logging for image browsing failures
7.2.4314 - 2019-05-30
- Added features to keep TCP traffic alive when passing through stateful firewalls and routers
- Added feature to prevent deletion of old backup sets if retention rules are set to "Keep 1 Full Backup" and the set of disks backed up changes
- Fix for being unable to communicate with a computer which has a lowercase NetBIOS name
- Fix Agent connections breaking when coming out of sleep
- Fix email bodies generating standards compliance errors in some gateways
- Fix email authentication None type not working
- Fix MultiSite data integration not providing all data under some circumstances
7.2.4290 - 2019-05-15
- Fixed email not working over SSL
- Fixed Remote sync not showing in the forecast in some circumstances
- Fixed backups staying in "immediate" status in some circumstances
- Fixed Agent incorrectly displaying an error about metered licensing
- Fixed login for domain users granted permission to login through a local group
7.2.4279 - 2019-05-10
- Fixed problem with authentication of domains which are child domains or part of a forest
- Fixed Agent not sending appropriate progress messages under all conditions
7.2.4276 - 2019-05-09
- Added ability to grant non-Administrator users or security groups access to Site Manager
- Added ability to connect to non-joined Domains for login authentication
- Added CSV export to Computers page
- Added Agent Config Tool to test connectivity from Agent to Server
- Added option to disable automatic Agent updating
- Added option to Computers page to migrate Agents to another Site Manager
- Changed Agent to Server communications to use TCP/IP sockets instead of MSMQ for flexibility and performance reasons. See KnowledgeBase for more details.
- Changed MultiSite integration to show status in settings page and support upcoming MultiSite changes
- Improve performance of repository checks and reduce number of login events in Windows Event Log
- Updated email sending to support TLS 1.1 and produce more readable errors
- Updated Macrium Reflect Backup components to latest release
- Fixed date not showing in Summary Email subject line
- Fixed Repository last synchronization times to display dates as well as times
7.2.4091 - 2019-03-13
- Fixed about page being blank for offline Site Manager installations
- Fixed crash when remote syncronization credentials become invalid
7.2.4075 - 2019-02-26
- Fixed standalone license keys not being read from some Agents
- Fixed license key table showing MAL licenses in the standalone license list
- Fixed drop-down selection on Run Now and Schedule Backup dialogs from sometimes failing to select the correct item
7.2.4000 - 2019-02-11
- Improved forecast performance with large numbers of scheduled backups
- Fixed issue with restore, validation and image browsing interfaces failing to validate image file passwords under some circumstances
- Fixed issue with restore failing with an error in "iLib::GenerateXMLRestore"
- Fixed email settings showing the incorrect options for encryption after a page refresh
- Fixed disk view in new definition dialog being broken by new Chrome version
- Fixed dashboard notification widget options interface not updating when it should
- Fixed an issue where building rescue media on a computer with both the Site Manager Agent and Macrium Reflect installed could fail
7.2.3985 - 2019-01-23
- Fix for VSS timeout errors on some systems
- Fix for Agent showing older Rescue Media creation interface
- Fix unusable dialog boxes when adding triggers on a smaller resolution screen
7.2.3971 - 2019-01-15
- Updated the Agent to use Reflect 7.2 technology including updated CBT drivers and WinRE based restore environment
- Added CSV export to license and event log pages
- Added clear event log facility
- Added Azure repository type
- Added default install credentials for remote Agent install to settings
- Improved dashboard loading performance
- Improved forecast performance
- Updated event log page to improve look and performance
- Improved internal repository credential handling
- Made repository sync errors clearer
- Fixed issue preventing backups on some headless Windows Server Core systems
- Fixed Site Manager not using HTTPS-only cookies when configured to use HTTPS
- Fixed Repository browsing not picking up changes when whole folders were manually deleted from repositories
- Fixed crash on startup when encountering corrupt image files
7.1.3778 - 2018-10-23
- Initial setup wizard was not setting HTTPS mode correctly
- Forecast view was not showing weekly triggered backups which have multiple days of the week selected
7.1.3720 - 2018-10-09
- Remote synchronization of repositories - a repository can now be configured to synchronize with an SFTP server or any Windows share (including Azure and AWS Storage Gateway) on a daily basis.
- Configuration backup and restore - from the settings page, Site Manager configuration can be backed up, downloaded and restored, to help disaster recovery or redeployment
- Added an option to set the description for a computer
- Added the Local Repository type. This repository type is to allow computers with locally attached storage to be backed up and managed by Site Manager
- Adding computers will now not start the network scan automatically - in addition, there is a new option to list computers from a Windows domain server
- Adding a MAL license key when the Site Manager server will now prompt for an offline activation key instead of failing
- Improved Event Log and Backup Log performance
- Slack instructions now contain the correct link
- Removed older cryptographic cipher suites from HTTPS
7.1.3436 - 2018-07-24
- Fixed image browser returning "Unable to start PSMounterService" error
7.1.3420 - 2018-07-20
- Fixed last operation columns in computers view not displaying correctly
- Fixed repositories with no credentials showing the wrong status
7.1.3396 - 2018-07-18
- New dashboard interface with resizable widgets and warning tiles
- New branding and colour scheme, including updates to side menus and tables
- Ability to open backups and download individual files from the browser
- Allow the number of days a computer has gone without a backup before a warning is added in the summary email to be set in the interface
- Changed license checking code to recheck licenses more frequently if the check failed due to network issues, this should help reduce problems caused by temporary internet disconnections during Site Manager startup
- Improve loading times when starting up the interface
- Improve a number of UI components including time pickers
- Improve backup summary emails to include computers which are waiting to backup, computers which failed to start backups and other conditions which may need attention
- Fix a rare crash on server stop
- Fix backups not showing in the restore view if there are no repositories when the Site Manager service was started
- Fix deferred backups not being deferred correctly
7.1.3268 - 2018-06-13
- Option to install agents without creating desktop shortcuts
- Added pause and cancel buttons to detailed backup progress dialog
- Added ability of the agent to run a user-supplied script to disable backups (e.g. when on WiFi or VPN)
- Improve computer name sorting
- Improve time display in time picker
- Additional Wake on LAN options for retry and timeout
- Improve Environment Check tool to be more flexible about different IP configurations
- Fix issue with being unable to edit the 'Test Recipients' field for email
- Fix issue with broken screen layout when editing schedule triggers multiple times on a smaller resolution screen/window
- When restarting the server, paused backups should no longer be lost from the dashboard progress widget
7.1.3017 - 2018-03-29
- Implement metered licensing
- Wake on LAN option in schedules
- Agents which cannot receive communications from the server should no longer appear as managed in the UI
- Fix crash in restore PE environment when source image cannot be read
- Improve performance of the dashboard when large numbers of updates are happening
- Fix unauthorised agents generating unnecessary network communications
- Fix fortnightly schedules triggered close to midnight on a Saturday occuring on the wrong week
- Fix crash when removing an agent immediately after refreshing the agent status
7.1.2916 - 2018-02-27
- Fix exit to login screen on restore
- Fix email notification defaults not being applied until settings are saved
7.1.2910 - 2018-02-26
- New calendar view of schedules
- Email notification of individual events
- License keys now require an internet connection on startup to validate
- Performance improvements
- Updated settings page to be more responsive
- Improve forecast display and performance
- Fixed retention rules not being applied to old backups when changing partitions in a Backup Definition
- Fixed case where remote install of agent could fail claiming computer is offline when it isn't
- Fixed memory leak when adding multiple computers with large numbers of backup logs simultaneously
- Fixed consolidation rules not being correctly applied when a Backup Definition is changed after backups have been taken
- Fixed rare crash on login
- Fixed backup summary computer showing nonsensical numbers when a Site Manager has no computers
- Fixed rare instance of computers being lost from the dashboard on reboot
- Fixed agent version displayed in 'Programs and Features'
- Fixed performance issues when running with over 200 agents
7.1.2860 - 2018-01-24
- Fixed summary emails not appearing correctly on iPhones and other clients
- Fixed agent not logging events in the Windows Event Log correctly
7.1.2821 - 2018-01-08
- Added Browse capability the repositories
- Added function to delete backups from the repository browse feature
- Added network information diagnostic to the detail panel in computers view
- Added warning to agents which require a reboot for the CBT component to function
- Improved speed of file listing from repositories
- Added region selection to AWS Storage Gateway repositories
- Added new filters to Backup Definitions to exclude some disks/partitions from the backup
- Added computer health information to summary emails
- Added different computer icon to show which computers are Virtual Machines
- Improved error handling for Repository connection errors due to network problems
- Improved performance with large numbers of agents
- Improved performance of agent related data requests
- Updated logos and icons
- Added warnings for deleting a Backup Definition which has been used to create backup images
- Added paging in restore and verify file lists to better handle large numbers of files
- Added icons for full, differential and incremental images to restore and verify tables
- Updated 'Unprotected Computers' dashboard widget to show more useful information
- Disabled cancelling of backups in places it's not valid to cancel
- Moved log resync function to details panel of the agent
- Improved performance with large number of active backups
- Fixed issue where restore does not show backups from some NAS repositories
- Fixed issues where transient network errors could cause a repository to require manual intervention before reconnecting
- Fix issue with support upload uploading the wrong data
- Fixed confusing error when adding a version 7 upgrade key with a base v6 key fails
- Fixed spurious timeouts and backup failure messages happening when a verification operation takes an extremely long time
- Fixed license key upgrade dialog not being hidden correctly in some situations
- Fixed complex Backup Definitions with overlapping rules not backing up the correct backup set
- Fixed some display issues with selected months in Schedule triggers
7.1.2678 - 2017-11-06
- Fixed issue where computers with both the Agent and Site Manager server installed would generate large numbers of Windows Event Log events
- Fixed issue with verification page not allowing file additions
- Fixed issue with a crash on computers using third-party encryption tools
7.1.2657 - 2017-10-20
- Fixed Backup Definition rules becoming unavailable after creating a new Backup Definition
- Fixed Backup Definition wizard last page being incorrectly aligned
- Fixed monthly Schedule triggers not displaying the active months correctly
7.1.2625 - 2017-10-03
- Central Management Console is now Macrium Site Manager
- Updated user interface, numerous fixes and updates
- Update license page layout
- Updated 'Unprotected Computers' dashboard widget to group computers and be clearer about errors
- Improved performance of user interface
- Agent backup technology is now based on Macrium Reflect 7.1 technology
- Site Manager is able to work with repositories protected with Macrium Image Guardian
Central Management Console Release Notes
v6.3.1846 - 2017-09-29
- Internal changes to support upgrade to Site Manager 7.1
v6.3.1844 - 2017-07-04
- Update 'Disk Image Insight' widget description to be more accurate
- Fix a bug where an unauthorised computer can appear in the error state
- Fix broken Knowledgebase links
v6.3.1833 - 2017-06-14
- Interface and wizard to upgrade to version 7 of CMC when released
- Added facility to upgrade licenses to version 7 on both Macrium Agent Licenses and standalone Reflect licenses installed on agent computers
- All trial licenses will automatically be upgraded to version 7 licences
- Added 'Standalone Keys' view to 'Licenses' page, showing all computers with standalone licenses, whether they exempt the computer from consuming a MAL and an upgrade facility
- Agents which repeatedly fail to patch to the latest release will be flagged as having an error in the computers view. To fix this, perform a manual full install or remote full install on the agent
- Show additional information for Macrium Agent License keys such as support information and version
- Tidy layout of 'Image Status' widget
- Starting a Run Now backup now updates the forecast immediately
- Macrium Agent Licenses which become invalid can now be removed
- Improve handling of unicode values in computer descriptions
- Fix cancelled backups having a duration of 0 seconds in summary emails
v6.3.1791 - 2017-04-17
- Improved backup performance in some cases
- Remote management integration fix
- Log view will no longer display a loading spinner forever when there are no logs or computers
- Scheduled backups can fail for systems with very large and complex disk configurations
- Fixed repository loading forever in some cases
- Fixed Environment Check tool to continue with checks if LLMNR broadcast IP check fails
v6.3.1787 - 2017-04-10
- Added settings for remote management integration
- Added start date for schedule triggers
- Fixed bug where a month by day schedule trigger with multiple weekdays set would not show some days on the forecast
- Fixed bug causing backup errors on some systems with multiple simultaneous user sessions
- UI fixes for overlapping fields and button issues at some resolutions
- Fixed bug where a failed update download would require a server restart to recover
v6.3.1773 - 2017-03-23
- Fixed edit definition dialog. Navigation buttons inaccessible
- Fixed edit retention rules. Fields overlap each other in Firefox and Edge
v6.3.1769 - 2017-03-22
- Add Windows Event Log notifications - this can be configured in the Notifications section of the Settings view
- Added 'Last Activity Time' column to the Computers view. This column is hidden by default
- Updated definition view to show computers which are fully and partially backed up more clearly and improve performance
- Improve performance of the computers view during heavy activity
- Improve performance of all views which list computers
- Improve performance when multiple simultaneous backups are being performed
- During restore, check that the image file was created from the computer which is being restored
- Fixed rare issue where the dashboard would not come out of the 'initializing' state
- Fix multiple tooltips being on screen at once in the forecast view
- Fix update available pop-up message appearing while already downloading an update
- Fix some rare network logon issues during backup
- Fix scheduled backups not being updated when a computer is affected by licensing issues
- Fix issue where attempting to update a repository with incorrect credentials would take that repository offline
- Fix issue which caused the service to crash when stopped in service manager
v6.3.1757 - 2017-03-10
- Repositories showing 'Unknown Error' in some conditions
- Improve Agent network handling
v6.3.1750 - 2017-03-03
- Automatic logout of the console after period of inactivity (configurable in security settings)
- Additional logging for launching backup on remote agents
- Fixed issue where antivirus on a client could block backup and stall all scheduled backups
- Fixed issue where sometimes the dashboard would not leave the 'initializing' state
v6.3.1738 - 2017-02-22
- Added drag and drop reorganisation of Dashboard widgets
- Added detailed progress log button to progress widget and Computers page
- Added additional information to the forecast to show which stage the backup is performing
- Added additional information to the backup progress widget to show backup source and target
- Added ability to set multiple agent passphrases simultaneously
- Made notification of new Management Console versions more obvious
- Repositories with incorrect credentials now enter an error state instead of repeatedly retrying the credentials
- Schedules and Definitions in the 'Scheduled Backups' section of the Repository page are now links back to the appropriate page
- Added key version to the Macrium Agent License table in the Licenses page
- Limited the number of notifications in the Dashboard notifications widget to 100 for performance reasons
- Added scroll bars to verification view when a large number of files are verified
- Fixed forecast display not updating when backups complete
- Fixed a scheduled backup hanging if it is run when another scheduled backup to the same computer is already in progress
- Fixed computers sometimes appearing as both 'Managed' and 'No Agent'
- Spacing on disk and partition tables in the computers view is fixed
- Fix issue with email not being sent in some circumstances
- Fix Definition page not showing the correct definition as being selected in the left hand menu under some circumstances
v6.3.1713 - 2017-02-02
- Fixed issue where some log files were not limited in size
- Fixed issue where fields under settings would only show the numeric parts of mixed alphanumeric content
v6.3.1708 - 2017-01-31
- Ability to rearrange dashboard panels using drag and drop.
- Update agent preinstallation to have a user interface and provide diagnostics on network and communications.
- Updated remote installation of Agent software to distinguish between offline computers and computers with firewalled WMI components.
- Update startup sequence so that large numbers of agents are handled more efficiently.
- Remote installation of Agent software is now limited to 10 simultaneous installs to reduce network and system load. If more than 10 installs are requested, excess installs will wait until an earlier one completes before starting.
- Updated Amazon AWS Storage Gateway repositories to store local share information in the Storage Gateway, making re-adding AWS Storage Gateway repositories simpler.
- Improved computer view to no longer close menus during high update activity.
- Updated computer connection code to fall back to IP based message sending when communication cannot be established with an agent.
- Improved handling of domains in Repository create/edit interface
- Upgrading an agent now correctly blocks scheduled backups for that agent and vice versa.
- Fixed email summary showing SQL and Exchange Backups as 'Image' backups.
- Fixes for validation on Settings page.
- Layout fixes for Internet Explorer 11.
v6.3.1699 - 2017-01-16
- General performance improvements.
- New widgets added to the Dashboard were not persisted in some cases.
v6.3.1694 - 2017-01-11
- New security option to configure agent passphrase usage to simplify setting up and maintaining a deployment-wide security policy. Existing installations will generate a new random passphrase which can be seen and modified in the security section of the Settings page.
- Intermittent connectivity issues
- Corrected various UI text labels
v6.3.1680 - 2016-12-26
- Number of Computers linked to a Backup Definition is now featured prominently in the UI.
- New Event Log events added for Email reports.
- Failed log files are now attached to Email Summary reports.
- Email Summary Reports can now show error messages.
- Updated a 3rd-party UI library (Contains several fixes & improvements).
- Assorted minor UI improvements.
- Invalid data entered during Restore wizard could prevent progress through the wizard.
- Duplicate Email Summary reports being sent for some users.
v6.3.1669 - 2016-12-15
- CMC system restore will now copy required drivers from the client Windows OS for the PE rescue environment. This enables automatic system restores to cater for NIC and RAID hardware not natively supported by Windows PE.
- Problems with starting the Agent service on some Windows 7 32-bit computers. This has been resolved.
v6.3.1666 - 2016-12-12
- Amazon AWS Cloud Storage Gateway integration. You can now associate an AWS Cloud Storage Gateway with a repository. This enables easy tracking of the upload buffer and other parameters provided by AWS.
- System image restore now copies static IPv4 assignments to the Windows PE rescue environment.
- When launching the Macrium Agent version of Reflect, if the Agent service isn't successfully communicating with the CMC then an appropriate diagnostic error message is now displayed.
- New tabbed layout for the computers view makes fixing problem computers easier.
- New layout for the licensing view makes managing licenses more intuitive.
- Scheduled backups could run twice if the first backup was initiated a second prior to the schduled run time. This has been resolved.
- SMTP server configuration was incorectly setting 'Plain Text' authentication. This caused emails to an SMTP server without authentication to fail. This has been resolved.
- Summary backup emails could incorectly report the backup duration by 1 hour.
- Many small bug fixes and enhancements.
v6.3.1630 - 2016-11-15
- Backups could fail to authenticate against repositories causing the failure 'The user name or password is incorrect'. This has been resolved.
v6.3.1629 - 2016-11-14
Backup Queue improvements:
- The 'Backup Now' function in Backup Definitions now queues jobs on the chosen Repository, reducing network flooding
- Schedules now contain a backup options section to improve the reliability of backups. This adds the following features:
- Scheduled backups for offline computers may now be deferred until the computer is online instead of failing.
- A number of attempts can be set for failing backups. If a scheduled backup fails, it will be reattempted up to 10 times after the specified number of minutes has passed
- Column configuration, email sending time, and inline email view. Choose which columns appear in the summary email, preview the results and enter the time of day for automatic sending.
- The 'Backup Status' and 'Computers' widgets can now be clicked to view the detail behind the numbers.
- The verify view UI has been redesigned to make the verification steps more logical.
- License summary section is now more readable.
- Computer now have an 'Upgrading Agent' status.
- Backup forecast view could hang indefinitely when displaying the forecast. This has been resolved.
- IE11 compatibility Improvements.
v6.3.1596 - 2016-10-21
Initial public release of the Macrium Central Management Console (CMC)
The Macrium CMC enables backup, restore and monitoring of multiple networked computers running Macrium Reflect using a Web browser user interface. Supported browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and IE 11.
A Macrium Agent service is installed on each remote computer which then communicates using Microsoft Message Queueing (MSMQ) to a single installed instance of the Macrium Server service. This service also exposes an http server service on a configurable port which enables web browser sessions to manage the Macrium Agent installed computers.