This article explains the possible cause for the failure: Backup aborted! - Failed To Create Volume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x8004230c shown in the backup and VSS log when creating a disk image or a file and folder backup with Macrium Reflect. You may also see the following line in the error log: Error text: VSS_E_VOLUME_NOT_SUPPORTED
The most likely cause of this error is that the Microsoft Volume Shadow copy Software Provider has been disabled. This essential core service is required to make volume snapshots on your system. Volume snapshots are used to create disk images and are also used by Windows to create system restore points.
1. Click 'Start' (or press the 'Windows' key), type "services.msc" (without quotation marks), and press enter.
2. Locate "Microsoft Shadow copy provider" in the list of services.
3. Right-click on the service and select Properties.
4. Ensure that the Startup Type is 'Manual'.
5. Click the 'Start' button then 'OK'.