This error is shown when a VSS provider blocks (or vetoes) the creation of a snapshot and can be due to:
- Installing software which installs its own VSS provider,
- Existing VSS provider component has become corrupted.
- From the main menu, select Other Tasks > Fix VSS Problems
- The Fix VSS Problems dialog is shown, click OK to reregister the VSS components.
Additionally, increasing the size of shadow storage on the drive that's being imaged may be required.
- Open a command prompt with elevated privileges
Type the following command:
vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=c: /On=c: /Maxsize=10%
Replace 'C:' with the correct drive. You can use more or less than 10%, but 10% is a good default.