Configuring the Site Manager to perform centrally scheduled backups can be done by following the 'Backups' section of the menu on the left-hand side of the user interface as shown below:
The sections are:
- Computers - This section allows you to add client computers to the Site Manager, remotely install the Site Manager agent, and monitor the communication status between agents and the Site Manager.
- Definitions - This section is used to create backup definitions - a set of template-based rules that allow you to rapidly define backups for multiple computers simultaneously. A backup definition can also be run directly from this page, creating a single point-in-time backup.
- Schedules - This section is used to create schedules - a set of rules that determine the frequency of backups (daily, monthly, etc.), which type of backup is created (full, differential, incremental), and what backup retention rules apply.
- Repositories - Repositories are storage locations for backups.
- Active Backups - This section is used to pair a backup definition with a schedule for a selected repository, perform run-now backups, and disable, delete, and monitor scheduled backups.