Deploying the Macrium Site Manager Agent service to manage your networked computers is easily performed using Site Manager's remote installation feature, however, for some organisations, Microsoft System Center is the preferred method for deploying MSI files. This guide will walk you through the process of deploying the Agent MSI using the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
A separate deployment is required for each architecture.
Command Line Switches
There are command line switches that can be passed to install the Agent MSI files.
|If not specified or if not equal to YES, launch the Agent Configuration Tool after the install|
|If specified and equal to YES enable remote install, see Enabling Remote Installation|
|NOSHORTCUT=YES||If specified and equal to YES the installer will not create a shortcut, if equal to NO, shortcuts will be installed|
|ACCESSTOKEN=passphrase||If specified the installer will set the passphrase|
|If specified and equal to YES, override IP, DNS and NetBIOS if they are empty|
|If specified and not empty set Site Manager IP in the agent. If SET_ALL=YES and an empty IP is provided, the empty IP will override the current IP|
|If specified and not empty set Site Manager DNS name in the agent. If SET_ALL=YES and an empty DNS is provided, the empty DNS will override the current DNS|
|SERVER_NETBIOS=SERVER-NETBIOS||If specified and not empty set Site Manager NetBIOS name in the agent. If SET_ALL=YES and an empty NetBIOS is provided, the empty NetBIOS will override the current NetBIOS|
|NOCBT=YES||If specified and equal to YES, the CBT driver will not be installed|
|CBT=YES||If specified and equal to YES, the CBT driver will be installed|
If the shortcut and CBT switches are not specified at all, the shortcut and CBT features will be installed unless an older version of the Site Manager Agent is installed, in which case it will follow the settings of the existing install.
Some platforms cannot run CBT, on these platforms, the CBT switch has no effect.
Licenses for connected computers are automatically applied when the computer is added to Site Manager. There are no licensing requirements when the Macrium Agent is deployed.
Before you begin: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager must previously have been installed on Windows Server.
- Open SCCM and navigate to 'Software Library' then the 'Applications' menu on the left-hand pane.
- Right-click the 'Applications' menu and select 'Create Application'.
- In the newly opened wizard click the 'Browse...' button to add the Site Manager Agent to the wizard.
- Find and select the Site Manager Agent on your network or local disk then click 'Open'.
- Click 'Next' a few more times leaving the fields on each page as default until you see the page shown below and click 'Close'.
- Once the 'Close' button is clicked, you can start deploying the Site Manager Agent as per your company's SCCM deployment protocol.