Deploying the Macrium Site Manager Agent service to manage your networked computers is easily performed using Site Manager's remote installation feature, however, for some organisations, Microsoft System Center is the preferred method for deploying MSI files. This guide will walk you through the process of deploying the Agent MSI using the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
The Agent .msi is available in two different architectures.:
A separate deployment is required for each architecture.
Command Line Switches
There are command line switches that can be passed to install the Agent MSI files.
|If not specified or if not equal YES, launch the Agent Configuration Tool after the install|
|If specified and equal YES enable remote install, see Enabling Remote Installation|
|NOSHORTCUT=YES||If specified and equal YES the installer will not create a shortcut|
|ACCESSTOKEN=passphrase||If specified the installer will set the passphrase|
|If specified and equal YES, override IP, DNS and NetBIOS if they are empty|
|If specified and not empty set Site Manager IP in the agent. If SET_ALL=YES and an empty IP is provided, the empty IP will override the current IP|
|If specified and not empty set Site Manager DNS name in the agent. If SET_ALL=YES and an empty DNS is provided, the empty DNS will override the current DNS|
|SERVER_NETBIOS=SERVER-NETBIOS||If specified and not empty set Site Manager NetBIOS name in the agent. If SET_ALL=YES and an empty NetBIOS is provided, the empty NetBIOS will override the current NetBIOS|
Licenses for connected computers are automatically applied when the computer is added to Site Manager. There are no licensing requirements when the Macrium Agent is deployed.
Before you begin: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager must previously have been installed on Windows Server.
- Open SCCM and navigate to 'Software Library' > 'Applications' menu on the left hand pane.
- Right click the 'Applications' menu and select 'Create Application'.
- In the newly opened wizard click the 'Browse...' button to add the Macrium Agent to the wizard.
- Find and select the Macrium Agent on your network or local disk then click 'Open'.
- Click 'Next' a few more times leaving the fields on each page as default until you see the page shown below and click 'Close'.
- Once the 'Close' button is clicked, you can start deploying the Macrium Agent as per your companies SCCM deployment protocol.