Backup aborted! - None of the specified backup locations could be written to
This error occurs if it is not possible to write the image file to the destination location provided, or any of the alternative locations that may have been specified.
- The destination drive is no longer present or plugged in. This may be the case if the destination drive is an external USB drive.
- If the destination drive is a USB drive it may have entered 'Sleep' mode and be unavailable.
- If the destination is a network location, the network share may not be available or have been deleted or renamed.
- If the backup is scheduled and the target is a network location, you may have to provide login credentials to access the network share. To resolve this issue, you need to add the Network login credentials in the Macrium Reflect defaults.
- The NTFS file permissions of the destination directory may have changed.
Network Authentication Error
If you see this text in the backup log and your backup destination is a password protected network share then you may need to and the network authentication details in the Macrium Reflect defaults:
Validating location: \\Server\share\ - Invalid (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.)
Note: Interactive backups may run without a problem, and you may only see this error for scheduled tasks.
Take the 'Other Tasks' > 'Defaults' menu option and click the 'Network' button:
Windows contains a Network Credentials cache that enables network authentication details (User name and password) to be saved and re-used to logon automatically. However, scheduled tasks are run in Windows 'batch mode' and do not have access to saved credentials. Because of this you must enter network login details in the Macrium Reflect defaults to enable scheduled tasks to access and write to password protected network shares.
|Add||Add network logon details for a new network location|
Edit an existing location.
Note: The 'Default' location logon details will be used for all shares that aren't explicitly added.
|Delete||Remove logon credentials|
Add / Edit
|\\Server\share||Enter the UNC path to the root of the network share. Do not enter any sub-folders in the path|
|Username||Enter the authenticated user that has access to the share|
|Password||Enter the users password.|
You can also select 'Default' and click 'Edit' to provide default credentials to be used for all network shares: