This error is shown when a VSS provider blocks (or vetoes) the creation of a snapshot and can be due to:
- Installing software which installs its own VSS provider,
- Existing VSS provider component has become corrupted.
- From the main menu, select Other Tasks > Fix VSS Problems
- The Fix VSS Problems dialog is shown, click OK to reregister the VSS components.
This error may also occur on Server OS and will require a different action:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to This PC
- Right click any of the Disks that you wish to image and select Configure shadow copies...
- In the Shadow Copies dialogue select a disk, click Enable > Yes then click OK to apply changes.