- Images can be restored to managed computers directly in the CMC.
- Non system partitions will be restored without restarting the client computer.
- System partitions will be restored by restarting the client computer in Windows PE.
Note: If required, the Windows PE Component files will first be automatically copied to the client PC and the recovery boot menu added. The restore will then automatically be continued in the PE rescue environment.
- Full progress of the restore is shown in the CMC dashboard 'Activity' widget. This includes restorations running in Windows PE.
- A configurable restoration alert message dialog can optionally be shown on the client computer.
- Users logged on to the client computer can optionally cancel the restore operation.
Restoring an Image using the CMC
1. Select a Computer
Select the 'Restore' side menu and select a computer to restore.
Click 'Next' to display a list of images found in repositories for the selected computer. Selecting an image file will display the Disk(s) and Partition(s) in the image file.
2. Select a source image file
Select the partition(s) to restore and click Next.
3. Select restore Options
|Rapid Delta restore||Only changed blocks are restored and the restore completes much faster with this option selected.|
Affects restore operations to SSD only.
|Verify image before restore|
Perform a full image verification prior to starting the restore process. If any corruption is found in the source image file then the restore will be aborted.
Note: Selecting this option with increase the restore time considerably.
|Network Share Authentication||Enter any authentication details to enable the computer being restored to access the image file network location. This will be pre-populated with the authentication information provided when the repository was created in the CMC.|
When enabled, a message dialog is displayed to inform the client user(s) that a restore operation is about to start, This dialog includes a list of the partitions being restored together with custom message text.
Example restore message dialog...
|Allow user to cancel||When enabled, the restore can be cancelled by the client logged in user.|
|Message to display||The text to be display in the message dialog.|
|Seconds to display||The number of seconds to display the client message dialog.|
Enter/Select the restore options and click Next
4. Review and begin the restore
A summary of the restore selections and options is displayed. Confirm everything is OK and click 'Start Restore'
The Restore starts and a message dialog is displayed on the client computer...
In the CMC, notifications indicate the success of the restore request and initialisation.
The message countdown and restore can be monitored in the CMC Dashboard 'Activity' widget...