Deploying the Macrium CMC Agent service to manage your networked computers is easily performed using the Central Management Console (CMC), however, for some organisations, MS System Centre is the preferred method for deploying /msi files. This guide will walk you through the process of deploying CMC Client Agents using the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
A separate deployment is required for each architecture.
There are no specific .msi Command Line Switches required to install the CMC Agent .msi files.
Licenses for connected computers are automatically applied when the computer is added to the CMC. There are no licensing requirements when the Macrium Agent is deployed.
Before you begin: Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager must previously have been installed on Windows Server.
- Open SCCM and navigate to 'Software Library' > 'Applications' menu on the left hand pane.
- Right click the 'Applications' menu and select 'Create Application'.
- In the newly opened wizard click the 'Browse...' button to add the Macrium CMC agent to the wizard.
- Find and select the Macrium CMC agent on your network or local disk then click 'Open'.
- Click 'Next' a few more times leaving the fields on each page as default until you see the page shown below and click 'Close'.
- Once the 'Close' button is clicked, you can start deploying the Macrium CMC agent as per your companies SCCM deployment protocol.